Subject: [Leica] Monochrome II and III
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:51:13 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

The M8 processor is scaleable. Putting two of them together
Is not trivial, but it is relatively easy compared to
Starting from scratch on a new processor. I think Leica's decision
Was a good one. To go futher and to get the noise down
Down takes more processor power.  Nikon got it right.
If Leica is to emulate Nikon SW, it will/may take a new more
powerful processor. Maybe the Maestro will do the job, and
Since the S2 SW is already written. It too can be
leveraged to the M9+

But to the ME, what coukd you remove to make a full frame
M9 at a fifferent price point?  SW is free once
You write it so all functionality that is SW based
Will not cut costs. The VF/RF is the one component
That could be removed, but offset by the EVF, it is not
That great.
I am betting we are talking about a rebranded and
Replaced lens mount camera that already exists. M mount
Someone else's guts. SW is a Hybrid of Leica and the
Oem supplier
My Two cents

Frank

Frank Filippone