Subject: [Leica] Communicatopn or Incommunication?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 07:07:24 -0700

Nice catch, Lluis. I personally find electronic communications very useful,
even if all the participants are in close proximity. Example: I am sitting
at my computer, reading the LUG, and my daughter is downstairs in the den,
watching TV. Because she always multitasks, I know that she is on Facebook
as well. It so happens that the fridge containing the Wajsman beer supply
also resides in the den. So...instead of waddling downstairs to check what
is available, I just send my daughter a Facebook Chat message, she checks
and informs me, and if I am lucky, even delivers the beverage of choice to
me. Now, that's progress!

Saludos,
Nathan

On 29 Aug 2012, at 16:22, Lluis Ripoll wrote:

> Actually I see many people looking at their phones, young people mainly,
> but even more older couples. What this mind? Is afraid our society of the
> silence, of the solitude, of the own thoughts, of a conversation? In my
> opinion the mobiles capture the attention of many people to the detriment
> of the communication, the thoughts, the reading... as the TV sets does
> many years ago. Now we can communicate with the end of the world,
> nevertheless we do not do it with our own neighbor. I ask me how will be
> the future generations... the title of the HCB portraits books come to me
> "An Inner silence", but maybe this one will be an empty silence.
>

> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1028511.jpg.html>
>
> M8, Summilux 35 pre asph, please view large
>
> Thanks for looking, your c&c are welcome
>
> Saludos cordiales
> Lluis
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/
> http://lluisripollphotography.wordpress.com/