Subject: [Leica] Light metering with the Leica M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 14:12:52 -0400

I was particularly intrigued by the title "How to trick a stupid light meter
into making intelligent photos"
Because I was not aware than a light meter could take photos of any IQ.
I think you can import a bunch of pix into a slick blog like interface and
type anything you want into it and come off like an expert.
Preface it with a photo from Daguerre or Ni?pce.
Light metering with an M9?
As in using an M9 like a light meter?
Or making sure you get proper light readings? Or exposures?
Who knows who cares?

I think we look at the monitor in the back of the camera and see if we have
highlights flashing which means we're loosing them. We we are we dial down
the exposure a bit.  If its too bright out to really see it we check the
histogram.  Then we adjust our exposure bias accordingly so the next shot is
exposed right. If it is we start cranking them out.
There is no "light metering with an M9". It's total BS.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography