Subject: [Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 18:37:22 -0700

As a B&W shooter, I've obviously been very interested in the MM.
There will be a huge quality increase in "red filtered" shots, of
which there are a lot in landscapes.  And, of course, the speed for
many types of shots would be very welcomed.

However, there are major trade-offs.  For example, selecting by color
range in color is much more effective than in B&W.  Also, I use
multiple filtration a lot; that is, I use different channels of the
RGB image in different parts of the final B&W image.  Additionally,
one thing that I'd like to see tested is whether the very good
stitching I'm getting with the M9 in CS5 works as well without the
color information.  An RGB image has a lot more information in it than
a B&W image.  (Then there are budget issues ...)

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Message from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison)