Subject: [Leica] At the duck pond
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 23:41:49 -0700

A new geocache was planted near the duck pond in the Palo Alto baylands. My
wife and I went to find it, and it was listed as a reasonably easy one, but
the guy who planted it, a retired FBI man, is fiendishly clever and ten
minutes searching the obvious bush was to no avail. So I went back to the
pond and took a few pictures.

I don't know if this fountain is new, but I don't remember seeing it before.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002425-2.jpg.html

They're always posing on those wooden posts.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002428.jpg.html

Shot toward the sun
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002432.jpg.html

A take-off. It looked like this bird was a quadruped but I thought there was
no way a focal plane shutter could be that creative. Finally realized that
the bird had a companion behind him.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002433.jpg.html

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org