Subject: [Leica] FYI: Two new lenses from CZ
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 17:30:32 -0700

I wouldn't be surprised if this lens was developed with videographers in
mind, and still photographers secondly (the 55/1.4). It's huge and will be
priced accordingly. It might well outperform the 50 Summilux ASPH, but then,
optical designers will tell you that if size isn't a problem, performance
can be improved without increasing the cost as much as if the lens has to be
kept small. But still, I wouldn't be surprised if it costs in the same range
as the Summilux. It should provide impressive performance on the D800E
though, if you are willing to carry the package around.

The 135/2 also isn't something I want to carry around unless desperately
needed.

Henning