Subject: [Leica] IMG: Butterfly Image Incorporating Helpfull Suggestions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 20:25:19 -0700

Jim Nichols SHOWED:

> After receiving a number of helpful suggestions to improve my
> post-processing, I applied some limited sharpening to the eye and
> antennae, and some blurring to the dead portion of the flower.
>
> I then replaced the "unprocessed" image with this new image.  I think it
> is more natural than my earlier post from this same image.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Unprocessed+72.jpg.html
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.

Hi Jim,
May I ask you post both images side be each or something like that? So those
of us who are quite honestly technical  "DIMWITS" ( well me in any case)
can really appeciate what I might call... "Your darkroom electronic
technical skills!" :-)

Much more can be learned by illiterates such as myself due to "comparison,
when we can see the difference, rather than the words describing it and the
accolades of the trained and using members of the crew who know how."

At your convenienece please. Thank you.
cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Butterfly Image Incorporating Helpfull Suggestions)