Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 9/9/2012: John Muir Woods
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:48:04 -0400

Yesterday was our final day in California. I am posting this from
Philadelphia airport, where we will board our flight to Madrid in about 15
minutes. We used yesterday morning to drive up to John Muir Woods. Because
it is the last day, I give you five pictures this time.

To reach John Muir Woods, one drives several miles on this road:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2079305635&k=qF42txM&lb=1&s=O

While enjoying views like this:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2079305726&k=QxnJzD9&lb=1&s=O

The huge redwood trees are difficult to photograph:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2079305842&k=3wmrWBB&lb=1&s=O

So I focused on the base of the trunk while including a person for scale:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2079305969&k=HXdVxZV&lb=1&s=O

Finally, I put the long lens on my K5 and focused on the small details:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2079306045&k=JNrGWzM&lb=1&s=O

And thus ended our fantastic two weeks in Northern California, a place to
which we will surely return.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman