Subject: [Leica] Worst Majors for Careers
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:28:54 -0400

Yahoo's stories are almost always poorly written and researched, and this
is no exception. Unemployment numbers are irrelevant to photographers and
artists because 99% of us are self-employed small businessmen. I am, by
definition, unable to be 'unemployed', since I own the business. A better
standard to judge photo and art majors by is rate of business success. The
yahoo story says the median income for art and photo people is $44,000 and
the starting average income is $30,000. I think those numbers are higher
than reality, except possibly in a few large cities like New York.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook