Subject: [Leica] The Leica M new functionality difference
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:28:27 -0400

Is a 24 mp full frame CMOS Canon sensor a whole lot better or worse than the
ones used by Nikon or a Sony? Or in this case a Leica? I'm thinking not and
that they're all reasonably on par with each other. The current state of
sensor development is high and competitive and I'm not sure if some peoples
are all that better or worse than someone else's. I thought it was safe to
say that with Leicas new sensor we're going to be in pretty good shape as
there is no reason for it to be all that much worse or better than whets
being made out there. Would be great if Leica has an in with somebody and
they made a better one. Seems unlikely that they'd blow it again and put in
a worse one.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography