Subject: [Leica] The Leica M new functionality difference
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:49:48 -0400

That looks like my quote down there so let me respond by saying that the
focusing accuracy between triangulation with a rangefinder that's gone into
the Leica M's is many times over that you get on a groundglass. That's a
given and its not a small amount.  Many many times over if you're using a
wide as groundglass focusing with a wide is very poor though using a 1.4 I'm
sure would help.
That's the old days.
Now its auto focusing and I have no idea if If my eyeballs are more or less
sensitive than their sensors.  I'd guess it was not much of a difference it
still a straight shot with no triangulation.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography