Subject: [Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 08:13:59 -0700

Hi Luggers,
My traveling life is beginning to settle a bit and I have taken the time to
post a new folder with a dozen pictures taken at the North Thompson Rodeo in
Barriere B.C.
Esther and I were visiting David Young in Logan Lake and David, of Leica
Reflex fame, has photographed many rodeos and suggested we attend the first
day of the North Thompson one.
So off we went. I took the GH2 and the 100 - 300 zoom and the 14 - 140 zoom,
as well as the Fuji X Pro 1. In some cases the 100 - 300 proved to be too
long and so I switched to the 14 - 140.
For closer action the X Pro 1 with the 60mm f2.4 proved a very able
performer - especially when you could prefocus the lens on where the action
would be happening (around the barrel racing, for example).
Going with David was a big advantage because with his experience we were
able to position ourselves from the best vantage points and, perhaps
surprisingly, no spectators complained about our getting in
their sight lines. It was a glorious day - which turned windy and chilly in
the afternoon - and a great picture taking opportunity. Many thanks to David
for his advice and assistance.
Here's the URL:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Rodeo/

<http://tinyurl.com/9l62euj>

My favourite shot is this one, which being on the second page, you might
miss:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Rodeo/SteerLeap1w.jpg.html

<http://tinyurl.com/9dnz7xv>

Please look large.
All C&C welcome, as always.
Howard (in Vancouver but getting ready to head back to Pender Island)

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.)