Subject: [Leica] Software correection of abberations on MFT systems
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:07:01 +0100 (BST)

The 4/3 lenses, sensibly IMHO, sacrifice easily digitally corrected
parameters for size and sharpness. Since there is no non-digital (ie film)
body on which to mount them this seems a no-brainer to me.
Lenses designed for film never had this option, so will be as good as they
ever will be immediately.
I only shoot raw, and have not noticed a problem with my 20mm f1.7 Panasonic
on my Olympus OM-D as displayed in either Lightroom or Aperture.
I have not used my 14-140 Panasonic on it yet.
I have had super results using a Voigtlander APO 180mm f4 lens on it, but
this is a lens designed for film and is superb anyway.