Subject: [Leica] 1874 Studio Portrait
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:47:42 -0700

Now that is really something!
Howard

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:55:17 -0500
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
Subject: [Leica] IMG:  1874 Studio Portrait
To: "LUG at Leica-Users.org" <lug at leica-users.org>

Today I received a scan of an early studio portrait by a small town
photographer.  This image was made by Frank Saunders, of Aberdeen,
Mississippi, around 1874, and shows my grandmother at around age 2.  She
died in 1905, 25 years before I was born.

I did some cleanup work in PSE 6.0, primarily spot and stain removal, but
did not want to alter the character of his work.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Louise-Watrous-600-dpi-full-size-color+edit+sm.jpg.html

Comments welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA