Subject: [Leica] IMG: On the Sidelines
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:21:15 -0700

Forrest Herr SHOWED:

>I bought an M8, here are some of the results from trying to learn how
> to shoot with a rangefinder:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/os_penguin/2012/On_the_Sideline.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/os_penguin/2012/Bret.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/os_penguin/2012/Untitled.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/os_penguin/2012/Color_Guard.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/os_penguin/2012/Saxophones.jpg.html

Hi Forrest,
Good on you for a start! Nice cross section of images in a story telling
fashion.

The M camera regardless of model. M8 these days much better because you
basically have an  endless number of frames to shoot rather than the 36 on
film and reload and it get's expensive.

Simple words of encouragement I can give are.... "KEEP SHOOTING EVERY MOMENT
YOU CAN...!!" The more you shoot of all kinds of subjects the better and
easier it becomes. And the better you become in handling the camera and
learning to see!

Camera handling speeds-up, you focus faster and more accurately.

And you will develop into what an M-shooter should be: "SEE-SHOOT-" Move on!
Oh yes and don't get caught-up chimping on the back screen everytime you
make an exposure. WHY? Well while you are doing that all the time, quite
probably 99% of the time yer looking at the screen "YOU WILL MISS THE PEAK
MOMENT OF PHOTO IMPACT!"

Yep have a peek once in awhile....... "BUT NOT EVERY FRAME. ABSOLUTLEY THE
WORST HABIT YOU CAN GET INTO!!!!!!!"

Cheers and good luck as it looks like yer off to a good start.

Dr. ted