Subject: [Leica] Altering Digital Files to Look Like Film
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:01:09 -0700

I'm with Marty on this, in that I will decide how my output should look. If
I like the way a film image prints after I scan it and give it a more
'digital' look, then that's fine. If I like a digital file (usually a B&W)
when I print it to have a more Tri-X/D-76 look, then I'll do that.

I agree for a show it's a lot better to have a consistent look, whatever
direction you would like that to be, but overall? It's up to you, your
editor, your client, whatever...

My main problem is that I have gone in too many directions and tried too
many things with my personal images and have had a hard time sticking with a
single 'look' either for my subject matter, technique or output over the
years. Only for clients have I done that.

Henning