Subject: [Leica] IMG: Philichrome XVII - Ponte Vecchio - George
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 08:52:48 +0200

Thanks again.

Your comment brings us back to the recent thread on digital that would
like to look like film.

I don't want the snaps/postcards to look like paintings, I'd paint
from the photo if I did, wouldn't I ;-)
But you're absolutely right in questionning the balance of the mix.

I think a painter can go to what matters to him most and recreate a
world of his own.
The photog has to cope with reality and with the laws of optics ...

I try when I can to squeeze what struck me most out of an after all
very banal file and sight,
with no pretention to art or mimickry.
It's just a file, and then I play with it, seasoning it to my taste...

Thank you again so much for helping me to understand and construe what
I'm trying to do.

Amiti?s
Philippe

Le 4 oct. 12 ? 21:44, George Lottermoser a ?crit :