Subject: [Leica] LR catalog import - help
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 04:26:49 +0000

I was using LR 4.1 on a laptop when I was away and trying to import it to my
workstation (LR 4.1) - not done this before.

I exported on laptop, then moved the files where I wanted on workstation and
imported the catalog. That seemed to work, I then deleted the .lrcat and
.lrdata files.....it seems that they are needed to keep the imported
settings! Even if I put the same files back it does not work, I want some
edits plus keywords from the laptop.

Whenever I try and import the catalog I get that the original negative is
missing, I am unable to choose to import even the metadata from these
images. I have deleted all the photos and tried starting again from a backup
.lrcat but am not sure what is stored where...

Screengrab of what I get -
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Chiaroscuro/Misc/Screen+Shot+2012-10-06+at+5_15_40+PM.jpg.html

I can import the photos no problem, but want the exported catalog as it has
keywords - any ideas?

Thanks

john

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] LR catalog import - help)