Subject: [Leica] LR4 Soft Proofing
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:18:10 +1000

That particular figure supplied by my provider who has made hundreds at
least of fine art prints on the best papers and the best pro inkjets too.
He also markets the papers, printers, profiles and high end monitors
involved and deals with this daily..
This is not standard printing by any means, this is expert, serious high
end custom printing if you like.

http://www.imagescience.com.au/
Visit the knowledge section for a lot of invaluable and  free content, if
interested.

Soft proofing of course, simply refers to seeing the best available
representation of print output without the waste.
It can be really, really good when set up properly. For a fine art print
you might then next go to a test print of course.

Actually profiling can represent different monitor states too.  For
example, an approximation of a typically adjusted laptop or iPad  screen.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman