Subject: [Leica] Wine Tasting in the Okanagan
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:43:39 -0700

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 07:49:59 +0200
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Wine Tasting in the Okanagan
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

The scenery is beautiful--is the wine a good value for money though? On our
recent trip to the Napa Valley, we found that the wines were pleasant enough
but cost 2-3 times as much as Spanish wine of similar quality. We did buy a
few bottles to take home, but frankly speaking, it was more as a
souvenir--we certainly would not have bought those wines at those prices at
home, proving that money always sits looser in one's pocket when on holiday.

Cheers,
Nathan

Hi Nathan,
The better Okanagan wines are not bargain priced by any means. The quest is
to find excellent wines at just affordable prices - say $20 a bottle at the
winery. Most of the vineyards have production too small to be sold in the
province owned liquor stores and so part of the fun is going to the
vineyards for tasting and purchasing. It helps to go with a local expert
like my friend Peter.

Here's a press release on the recent awards received by the Mission Hills
vineyard - one of the bigger producers.

http://www.missionhillwinery.com/of_significance/newNews_Sep08_IWCTrophy.html

If you ever come our way we should do a tasting trip.

Cheers

Howard