Subject: [Leica] OT: Tracfone and GPS
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:20:44 -0700

Peter, not sure about Tracfone specifically, but we use Google Map
extensively on our Android phone for GPS/traveling. It's really great with
voice navigation.

Someone did some tests and found that Maps is better than most dedicated
GPS units, and that was a couple years ago. Just make sure you have a
charger :-)

As for your specific question, I'd think that any recent smartphones will
have the GPS chip builtin. You can always look at the specification page.