Subject: [Leica] turn around time for coding lens for digital M's - LTM's
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:47:28 -0500 (CDT)

Peter, thanks for the information about  LTM's on the M8.

I'd be really pushing it with one of my lenses I didn't list.  I have an
85mm f/1.5 Enna Lithagon LTM.  Way back I was given this lens and it wasn't
focusing correctly, so I took it apart and adjusted it , but that took THREE
HOURS of trial and error to get the focusing helixes re-synchronized with
the sliding guides.  I would try different starting points for mating the
threads, but as the lens went back together, the guides wouldn't line up,
and I'd have to try again by moving over one thread.  After three hours of
frustration, I was just about to give up when everything came together and
worked.  Since then it has focused perfectly on my M3 at f/1.5.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University Relations
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee