Subject: [Leica] D800E pixel-peepers
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:20:43 -0400

And the other factor of 2 is more than accounted for by the deterioration of
the dollar against, first, the Deutschmark and then the Euro. The DM was
four to the dollar in the '60s, less than two to the dollar when the ECM
adopted the Euro, and still weaker agains the Euro now than then. I'd say
the conversion factor is close to 5, meaning that Leica has maintained
vitrual parity of the cost of the film M in its home economy.

Unfortunately, the inflation of the USD has undone that.

?howard