Subject: [Leica] I'm sick - my M9 and nocti were stolen out of my house.
From: scoutfinch at chartermi.net (Sue Ryan)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:14:09 -0400

A few weeks ago, my husband came home to the sliding door wide open. Nothing
apparently  missing (2 giant flat screen TVs, tons of computer and camera
stuff in the office) until he  couldn't find his Canon 5D Mk II and his
Sigma 50-500, which had been sitting (out of sight from the outside) in the
dining room where the slider is. I was relieved - my camera bag (a school
lunch box with a soccer ball on the front) was untouched in the dining room,
and the M8 was safe in the office. Sheriff called, report made, etc. Fast
forward 2 weeks - as I was preparing my gear for a weeklong workshop I
realized the M9 and nocti also were missing. Then I remembered that a few
nights before the slider was found open was the night I took the photo of my
husband stargazing. I no doubt put the camera in the same place my husband
had lain his in the dining room. By now I'm sure someone got a couple nice
outfits on Craig's list for $100 worth of pot money. I went through the
motions, called the sheriff again, called the insurance company, etc. but I
have little hope, although I will report the serial numbers to Leica. The
sad thing is the M9 was the only purchase I made with my dad's inheritance
money after paying off my kids' college loans. He was a lifelong photo
enthusiast and I thought of him whenever I used it.

Deep breath... 'things' don't matter, people matter...

Sue

Sent from my iPad

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] I'm sick - my M9 and nocti were stolen out of my house.)
Reply from bill at grimwood.net (Bill Grimwood) ([Leica] I'm sick - my M9 and nocti were stolen out of my house.)