Subject: [Leica] OT: large format lens vs. medium format lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:06:27 -0400

No it doesn't.
You can not like the typeface on the rim of the lens barrel.
But it might make more sense to actually make a photograph with it first;
actually  work with the lens for awhile before you decide how you feel about
it.
But if someone had a wealth of experience in darkroom work especially larger
format behind them then sure pulling out his first neg from a lens might
actually tell him something. And he'd think about it as he mixed up his
trays to make a print. Or warmed up his scanner to make a scan.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography