Subject: [Leica] THE 617 tests, something is very wrong here
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:35:56 -0700

If you shoot wide open or close to that (the Fuji 90 won't be sharp side to
side wide open), does the falloff occur gradually across the frame? If not,
then the problem is most likely with the back.

Try to set up the camera so that you can sight along the back (perpendicular
to the direction you're shooting in), or the rear frame of the camera to a
distant point. Then try to sight along the camera frame holding the lens
board. At distances over a couple of hundred yards, you should be sighting
to the same point if the lens and back are parallel. If you don't sight to
the same point, the camera alignment is at fault.

Henning

ps: You still here in Vancouver Richard?