Subject: [Leica] Last 617 Test Shots
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 23:38:12 -0700

OK, I have done all the test I want. Next time when I post on the 617, it
will be with real images. Nevertheless, these images show off the
advantages of these large format lens well, I think. All of these were
taken with 20mm - 30mm of rise, no detectable light falloff as far as I can
tell, and of course being from the Acros film, the tonality is delicious.

Dragon in my office. Hmmm... need to clean up the cobweb. Nikkor 300 M
(Thanks Frank!)
http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121020-Scanned-15-Edit.jpg

Just a test to see how well the Nikkor handles the 30mm rise (max)
http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121020-Scanned-16.jpg

Same scene as above but with the Symmar-S 210mm (loaner from Pasvorn)
http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121020-Scanned-17-Edit.jpg

The scratch still remains, but we have now narrow down to the most likely
culprit - a nick in the film holder. (WTF, rusty roller and tiny nicks on
the edge of the holder? grr...)
*********
I don't have time to go to Bishop this weekend, but I will try to hit
either the trees (Red Wood State Park) or the coast in the next couple
days. I will even bring some Provia and Velvia...

--

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Last 617 Test Shots)
Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Last 617 Test Shots)