Subject: [Leica] M8 craps out
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:58:43 +0100

I got the impression from reviews that the X-Pro1 was poor enough with its
autofocussing and even worse with manual focussing. I'm assuming, as it has
focal plane shuttering, that there is no shutter lag, but for snap shooting
on the street, the problems with focussing would be a major problem.

I too would like to buy an M9 so that I could use the Leica lenses I have,
but keep watching the advances in technology and hesitate to commit
thousands of euro to something that may become obsolete very quickly.

Any other ideas on M sized or compact street shooter with no shutter lag?

RoI Douglas