Subject: [Leica] Leica R 35 - 70 Elmar on the D800E
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:53:48 -0700

Hi Luggers,
I took a very clean Leica R 35 - 70 Vario Elmar in partial trade for my
Rolleiwide and yesterday with a couple of knuckle biting moments I changed
the R bayonet to a Leitax Nikon one.
It did require some filing to save the ROM connection so that the lens can
be reverted to R should that ever be required.

The lens fits on the D800E without a problem and does not require any
surgery to the rear element cowling to avoid hitting the return mirror at
the wide angle setting. I was very pleased about that. :-)

Here's the lens on my D800E:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/3570Elmarw.jpg.html

<http://tinyurl.com/8j7ecsl>

And here I am, taken by my daughter Jennifer, with the 35 - 70 Elmar at 70mm
on the D800E
lightly processed in CS5:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/HC70Elw.jpg.html

<http://tinyurl.com/9r2yztn>

This is Bizzy, a labradoodle that my daughter is dog sitting for a friend,
taken with the 35 - 70 at the macro position:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/BizzyCUw.jpg.html

<http://tinyurl.com/8pzsvwv>

And finally a small 2 panel pano (of course) of the afternoon sun over
Vancouver after the rains which followed
the 7.7 earthquake off Haida Qwaii which has been blown off the front pages
by Superstorm Sandy. Hope all our LUG
friends on the weather whipped East Coast are okay.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/2Pan35Elw.jpg.html

<http://tinyurl.com/8jpdhde>

Please look large.
C&C always welcome.