Subject: [Leica] Rabs
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:21:12 -0500 (CDT)

Mark,

Glad to hear you are well and doing OK.

Cheers,
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Rabiner" <mark at rabinergroup.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:58:10 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Leica] Rabs

Thanks for your concern guys I was up all last night and slept all day. I'm
not trying to find out what happened as in when the subways will work again
as without them there is no NY you may as well go back to bed.  And I need
sugar for my tea. I got honey melting in my microwave under a low microwave
flame (#2)

I'm on 80th and Riverside a minute walk west to the Hudson river and The
West 79th Street Boat Basin Caf?.
Seven blocks south of me its a red zone. Which means you have to not be
here. And there is yellow too which means watch out or something.

Oops the red zone is now yellow
http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy-nyc

I never lost electricity I got one flicker.
But they grounded me. Not allowed to go outside in two days. Maybe now I can
though. Its been oddly quiet up  here for two days. I judge weather by the
clicking on my air conditioner. Not all that much clicking. I did walk four
flights down so I would not get stuck in the elevator to peek outside and a
guy went by on a bike wearing shorts with a white beard. This was supposedly
in the middle of the cyclone or whatever it was.

I hear the steam coming on now! I now know its centralized. As in city wide.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography