Subject: [Leica] Manipulation Disqualification
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 05:27:02 -0400

Bill, though most of my work is with film, I have shot a lot of digital
and 'manipulation' is most certainly not part of my work. The guy who had
his award revoked had been adding clouds to the image that were not there
in reality. That is something that is very possible with film too. You can
scan it and photoshop the film images, or you can do like Jerry Uelsmann
has done for decades and composite images in the darkroom with no computer
involvement. To suggest that because someone uses a digital camera that
they are making faked images, and cannot 'resist' it, is offensive and
shows an ignorance of photography's history and the current state of
photography.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography