Subject: [Leica] DIY DMR repair
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 08:38:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

This morning I managed to knock the DMR's control wheel off and after
calming down I gathered the parts and figured out where they all belonged.

There are three loose parts when the control wheel comes off: the wheel
itself, the set button, and a tiny ball bearing that enables the wheel's
click-stop detents.  The ball bearing sits in a little hollow on the left
rim of the ridge surrounding the contacts on the DMR.  The 'set' button is
placed loose in the center of the contacts, then the control wheel just
snaps back in place.

It looks like the three lobes surrounding the 'set' button are not equal
size so it seemed easier to snap the wheel back in place when I snapped the
right side down first.  YMMV.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com