Subject: [Leica] Which Leica R tele-zoom?
From: alal at poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 00:51:20 -0400

80-200/4.0 is the one to get for an R body. There is an expensive and heavy
70-180 zoom too if you want to spend big bucks.

Lack of meter coupling and auto stop-down will slow you to the point where
it really will not matter which lens , N or L, is sharper.  I'd not
recommend the 80-200 Leica-R lens on a D2. Operationally you'd be better off
with the 80-200 Nikkor zoom.

If you must use the R lens, a better alternative to the D2 might be a NEX
body with an R- mount adapter. I'm sure we have several NEX users on this
group, they could comment on focus peaking and ease of use with adapted
lenses.