Subject: [Leica] 5 hours of hiking...
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:33:00 -0800

It's not about the gear, but about finding the darned location :-) I can
hike without any gear and I would have the same trouble.

I did find it today!!! What happened is that my phone app Nav messes up,
even though the GPS location is correct. So I was lost again

I think it's Coyote's way of saying that just because I have the GPS, it
ain't going to be easy. I am OK with that.

There is certain Zen quality of using a view camera. It takes forever to
get to a place, and with a Leica or a DSLR, click click and you are done.
With the view camera, you contemplate, adjust, focus, contemplate some more
and eventually click and you are done. Give you lots of time to think about
Life, the Universe, and Everything.

In the end, I took 13 pictures, with two images overlapping a bit. Opps
(the 617 back does not have a wind lever, you have to look at the frame #
through a red window and I missed by one once)

We will see how the images come out, but in the end, the journey is the
reward.