Subject: [Leica] PESO: sharpness is a bourgeois concept
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:12:19 -0800

A Different point of view......

I like Nathan's image.  It has character, mystique, etc.

In my world, and YMMV, if it is not sharp, it gets tossed.  First pass.  I
don't care what the subject, what the feeling, etc.  Not sharp = Out.

I did some IR pictures with my M8 a while back... that look of softness,
foggy softness, bothered me a lot.  I did keep the images, but they bother
me because they are not tack sharp.

I know in this Group, sharpness is not always esteemed as being the #1
criteria, and so be it.  Your photos are yours.  Mine are mine.  We agree to
have differing
criteria of acceptance.

Yes, if the shutter button is not pressed, the image is nonexistent.
But sometimes, existent images should not .... exist.

My opinion... and nothing to do with Nathan's shot....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

The lesson? Maybe none, but I think it is something along the lines of "just
take the damn picture"!

Cheers,

Replies: Reply from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] PESO: sharpness is a bourgeois concept)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] PESO: sharpness is a bourgeois concept)