Subject: [Leica] Camera bag.....
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:01:57 -0600 (CST)

Frank,

I have 3 bags, so far all three have kept my gear dry when out in the rain.
One is a sling type bag, a Tamrac Velocity 7, the top overlaps the sides and
keeps out the rain very well, I use this one with my M8 mainly.  The next
one is the one Nat. Geo. advertises, not sure who actually makes it, but it
is sold under a different name.  It has a internal zip flap which keeps out
rain, snow and whatever, use this with M, R cameras.  The third is a Lowepro
Stealth Reporter 400AW, it has a rain coat flap which pulls over the top and
sides to keep out rain, normally I just close the top and it keeps out the
rain pretty well without the need of the rain coat flap.  I use this with my
R camera and lenses.  Never had any problems keeping the equipment dry when
using any of these.  On the other hand when shooting in the rain the cameras
are going to get wet period, so far my R8DMR, M8, and Nikon D4 have worked
just fine in the rain even when quite wet.  The R8DMR and M8 have performed
quite well in snow and sub zero F temps (down to -20F where I stop working),
I suspect the D4 will also do well in snow and cold, although have not owned
this long enough to check it in those conditions.  It got quite soaked in
rain at the Sister Bay workshop though.  I keep a towel to dry off the
cameras in my bag, just in case.

Cheers,
Gene