Subject: [Leica] Adobe support for R lenses
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:24:31 -0800

To the point, which of the profiled 24 R lenses is not discontinued?

A really stupid marketing decision..... Profile R lenses before some/all of
the non-current M lenses....

Look Leica, a few interns for the summer and it is all done..... I do not
get it.....  Support those of us that own Leica stuff and wish to continue
owning Leica stuff.

I plugged Tina's MM photo of the barn into LR4 and turned on the Lens
Profile tab... it was a coded as a 90 AA Summicron....   if you go back and
forth between with and without corrections, you will see that there is
manipulation of the center of the image.. almost like the center is being
zoomed while the periphery is kept pretty much stable.   Whatever the
opposite of barrel distortion is....   Pretty fascinating to see corrections
like these....

If you try the Basement image, using the 21 Super Elmar 3.4 profile, the
center remains the same and the periphery gets zoomed.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Those are both discontinued lenses.... Cannot say that I have ever felt the
need to go to the lens profiles for Leica lenses ;-)

john