Subject: [Leica] Adobe support for R lenses
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:14:04 +1000

Frank you are stubborn ;-)
I doubt that the owners of R lenses think that these profiles are a waste.
I would say that they are the most devoted of all Leica users and the R
adapter for the  typ 240 and these profiles are for them
How much correction do you think the S lenses need either but those little
tweaks have been made available.

Once again if you need to correct images from your particular lenses, start
with a similar current lens profile and then you can edit for yourself to
exactly what you want. This works the same as the lens correction controls
in Photoshop. You get an overlaid grid and real time preview of the effects
that you are applying, Do it once and save as your default if you
like. Give it a try for yourself.
I would not expect that there will be any more profiles added except where
new lenses are released of course.
Do you have the 16-18-21? Leica does not correct differently for each
individual focal length there either, it only records that focal length in
EXIF.  There is some (low level) complex variable distortion and no one
correction could possibly be perfect.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman