Subject: [Leica] Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign Saturday - from Yosemite
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:30:29 -0800

Seen at the Ahwanee in Yosemite

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/s/Yosemite-6367.jpg.html

As I was taking the photo, the head of parking told me a story that I'll try
to repeat.  He said that a few years back, a person was staying at the
Ahwanee had his car broken into by a bear.  Torn apart, I guess, as he had
some food stashed in it.  Well, he was a Sacramento lawyer, and he sued the
lodge over the incident saying he was not well informed about the need to
remove food from the car.
So, the story goes that in court or some hearing, he was asked if he paid
taxes.  He said yes, he did, and the lawyer for the defense said, well, sir,
it was your bear that broke into your car.  You own the bear.  The case was
either dropped or he lost.  I can't remember that part as I was laughing at
the time.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign Saturday - from Yosemite)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign Saturday - from Yosemite)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign Saturday - from Yosemite)