Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pistache leaves and brick
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:12:36 -0800

Oh....how, ah, thoughtful?

The leaves are still about half on the trees here. By Thanksgiving they
manage to all be down except for the mulberry trees that seem to hold out
until, with an almost audible "plumf", they let go and the whole tree is
denuded in only a few days. My neighbor has two of them in his front yard,
lucky guy.

I found myself wondering how many leaves a silver maple carries in its
canopy. I was going to apply some rad-con math to it but decided to ponder
why we were taught to diagram sentences instead and do practitioners of
other languages have a similar bit of torture inflicted on them?

Pluperfect subjunctive indeed...

Adam