Subject: [Leica] Veterans Day 2012
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:25:56 -0500

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:51:37 -0500
scleroplex <scleroplex at gmail.com> wrote:

"Veterans and new-breed veterans? groups are challenging not only
presidents and members of Congress but also the American public, to
whom elected officials are accountable. Aidan Delgado, posted at Abu
Ghraib, is convinced that 'if people could see the bodies, the blood,
they wouldn?t be able to support this war with a clear conscience.'"

Yeah, I was really mentally done with Iraq and with the idea of
fighting when the starving kids started lining the roads near our camp
and near FOBs. I thought I'd lost my soul when I trained my rifle on
children every time I'd return from a convoy or patrol. Aiming a weapon
at a person is unnerving and inhuman but if they are a threat it
is something that has to be done. Aiming a weapon at a child sinks us
lower than most animals. It's unnatural and I did it hundreds of times.

I took a photo of one just once on our way by:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/335338-2/girl.jpg

Phil Forrest

--
http://philipforrestphoto.wordpress.com/