Subject: [Leica] Armistice Day and the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:32:01 +0000

I should have added that the point of the plaques and so on is not just to
remember the individual or groups who died, but these days to bring to mind
that
we have had European peace for over 67 years and that we have not been called
upon to make the sacrifices that these and many, many others did. The Peace
Prize was awarded to the EU because what it has done to preserve Peace in
Europe. That was after all the original and primary aim of the Founding
Fathers
of the EU*.

Peter

*"By pooling basic production and by instituting a new High Authority, whose
decisions will bind France, Germany and other member countries, this proposal
will lead to the realization of the first concrete foundation of a European
federation indispensable to the preservation of peace." - Schuman Declaration
May 1950