Subject: [Leica] IMG: Beech Staggerwing
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:36:54 -0600

Adam,

Catching a Staggerwing in flight presents a challenge.  I used a Leica-R
250/4 for reach, to get a decently sized image.  To work with such a FL, one
normally wants a shutter speed of 1/250 or higher.  But, to keep from
stopping the propeller, the shutter speed needs to be below 1/250.  This one
was shot at 1/4000 before I realized that I needed to compromise for prop
blur.  Such is the dilemma.............

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Staggerwing+Departure.jpg.html

Good luck!

Jim Nichols