Subject: [Leica] Visiting friends
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:38:05 -0800

On our way home from Yosemite, we often stop in Loomis, just east of
Sacramento, to visit some long time friends.  We taught together in Odessa
(WA, not TX) starting back in the mid 70's.  They have since retired and
moved back to his family home.  Always a  nice visit.

Their old house sits on the top of a hill and use to be surrounded by his
dad's land which he leased out as orchards.  Most has been sold of over the
years, but they still have many acres and an great old house.  There are
porches on three sides, two enclosed, and it is fun sitting out there eating
breakfast or lunch, or, showing them were we have been.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f12/CA/m/murchies-6552.jpg.html

We took at trip to Folsom one day and visited one of our favorite pottery
shops, Clouds.  Had to buy a few things, and found one of their artists
working on their Christmas items.  Asked if she minded if I took a few shots
and she graciously said OK.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f12/CA/m/murchies-6557.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f12/CA/m/murchies-6555.jpg.html

Safe to view large, I think.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Visiting friends)