Subject: [Leica] Venice Under Water
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 23:14:01 +0000

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2012/nov/12/venice-extreme-weather-art-flood?INTCMP=SRCH

john

When we lived in France from 1956 to 1960, my family went on lots of trips.
We were in Venice in '58 or '59, and I remember water only in the canals
with no hint of the possibility of flooding.  Of course, that is an old
memory.  Maybe I should revisit the photos.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----

True, but it's getting much, much worse.  I've been there when it was ankle
deep - the normal "high water".  Now it's waist level and getting higher.
 Businesses can continue in the normal high water but many have had to shut
down recently.

Tina