Subject: [Leica] Art
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:21:31 -0500

As far as photography goes an easy way to define what category your image
falls in is by the client.
If its general motors and its a car its commercial
If its the Pope and they need a new image for the Sistine chapel its art.
Depends on who's paying you. Lee Iacocca or Pope John the 14th.
Same as if its an art gallery owner who wants you to fill their walls so
they can have an opening so they can sell prints.
If a family wants you to shoot them in their living room or in your studio
than its portrait.
My r?sum? database has a bunch of different categories for the jobs I've
done in 33.3 years in business. I went in and copied them and pasted it
here:

Education
Print Showings
Photojournalism