Subject: [Leica] My wife - thanks!
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 06:41:21 +0000

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I have been with this family of
fellow LUGites for many years and really value your friendship, experience
and support.

The hospital that is treating my wife is one of the leading cancer hospitals
in Europe, if not the world, and to have that facility only 5 miles (8 km)
from us is a Godsend. They really know their job and have been wonderful, as
have the support mechanism (the MacMillan nurses etc.). We have had full
explanations of everything which is happening, what will happen and why.
Unfortunately they cannot give us the one thing that we are longing for at
the moment - a cast iron promise of a cure. Nobody can! All I do know is
that they are giving Pat the best possible chance. And, thankfully, it is
all free under our state system.

As for the hair loss, she is not worried at all about it, considering it a
minor problem on the way to recovery. She wanted the photo so that she could
show them how she wanted the (free) wig styled.

Thank you again friends for being there,

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932