Subject: [Leica] Power Failure
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:49:52 -0800

Hi Luggers,
Last night high winds (+80 kmp) swept Pender Island with lashing rain and
blew over enough trees to cause the power to fail.
There was nothing to do - no internet, no TV, no radio. So I went to bed to
read by flashlight. Taken with the redoubtable D800E
and the 50mm Nikkor f1.4. Some say the 50 Nikkor is not up to the D800E 36Mp
but my old version seems to work fine.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/Readingw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/d3xylbs

Please look large, as always, and C&C always
welcome

Howard (on Pender where the power came on again at 2:30 am - I know because
I left the lights on when the power went off!)

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Power Failure)
Reply from jon.streeter at cox.net (Jon Streeter) ([Leica] Power Failure)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Power Failure)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Power Failure)