Subject: [Leica] IMG: She's My Sister!
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:48:04 -0600

I have Silverfast, Vuescan and Nikon scan.  Actually, the highest quality
scans have been with Nikon scan (for 35mm, that is), though the program is a
little quirky, and it is slow (I scan at 4000 ppi, 14-bit, 16x sampling and
sometimes dust removal.   It is about a 110mb scan and you can go out to
lunch while it is scanning, but it makes a nice large print.  With Vuescan
for the LF negs, I prefer to touch up dust and scratches in PS.  It is easy
and there is no loss of quality in the scan.  No matter how careful you are,
you would be amazed at the boogers that can show up on an 8x10 neg.

Ken