Subject: [Leica] Marina Beach
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:12:43 +0530

Neela & I went for a stroll on Marina Beach today. For a change I took a
camera along. What I did not realize was that my son had used the camera
somewhere and changed the settings to JPG from RAW - so these are shots
straight out of the camera, only downsized for the posting on the net.

They were renovating a statue of Mahatma Gandhi, this shot seemed
appropriate, given his life:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_020.JPG.html

There are, as is to be expected, a lot of eateries on the beach, bearing
exotic, unconnected names - Halal is the Arabic/Urdu word for Kosher -

Sea Angel Authentic Halal Chinese Food!:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_007.JPG.html

Spartan (!) Halal Food:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_023.JPG.html

Of course Chilis are everywhere:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_068.JPG.html

You had nice little vignettes of human behaviour -

Joy:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_031.JPG.html

Two guys looking quite incongruous:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_050.JPG.html

The long beachfront - but even here the mobile phone is in very much
evidence. It was a blustery day, and fine sand blowing around made
everything look hazy:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_061.JPG.html

Horse Ride - the small girl looks a bit queasy:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/Marina_20121120_080.JPG.html

Please see LARGE.

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Marina Beach)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Marina Beach)